So, Mr. Knoxfoodie and I have been fashioning our week night meals in the spirit of the 21Day Fix. This, for those of you not familiar, is a Beachbody program that focuses on portion control utilizing a container system for each food group. It's pretty confusing to start but it gets easier as you go along. We saw it as a challenge to create "Knoxfoodie" type meals within this system and not starve ourselves. We succeed most of the time. This recipe was a big hit and is so hearty I wanted to share it with the world.
21 Day Fix Style Lasagna
Write a review
- 3 Zucchini sliced lengthwise, salted
- 4 Dry Lasagna Noodles
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Batch of your favorite pasta sauce (You may use prepared but add one can of tomato paste)
- 1 cup water
- 15 oz. container low fat ricotta
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground turkey in a pan with 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Add onions and sautee until translucent.
- Add pasta sauce and water, cook covered for 15 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add egg and thyme to ricotta, mix until blended.
- In a 9" x 13" baking pan ladle a small amount of sauce to cover the bottom.
- Place zucchini in a single layer covering the bottom.
- Add about 1 cup of sauce.
- Top with ½ of ricotta mixture. Sprinkle ½ cup of mozzarella.
- Place one layer of dry lasagna noodles.
- Add about 1 ½ cups of sauce.
- Top with remaining ricotta. Sprinkle ½ cup of mozzarella.
- Layer remaining zucchini slices.
- Add remainder of sauce and top with the last cup of mozzarella.
- Cover and place in oven for 45 minutes. Uncover and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Cut into 8 pieces and serve.
- 21 Day Fix Portions: 1.5 green, 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 tsp. (If using prepared sauce it would be 0.5 green and 1 purple)